Prof. dr hab. Jolanta Natalia Latosińska
- Tel: +48 61 829 5277
- Loc: wing H, second floor, room 282
- Email: email@example.com
Scientific degrees and education
Title of professor – 2020
Habilitation – 2004
Keywords: quantum chemistry, spectroscopy, active pharmaceutical ingrediences of drugs, chemopreventants, carcinogens, spatial distributions, analysis, time series, artificial neural networks
At the beginning of my scientific career, I decided on the interdisciplinary (multidisciplinary) nature of my research and I have been following this direction consistently. The mainstream of my research is the aspect of “structure-dynamics-biological activity” of active pharmaceutical substances included in drugs, chemopreventants and carcinogens.
The applied research methods include
- experimental techniques (NQR, NMR, NQR-NMR, EPR, DSC, DTA, IR and X-ray/TLS)
- quantum chemistry computational methods including ab initio, Density Functional Theory (DFT),
- quantum chemistry approaches : Quantum Theory of Atoms in Molecules (QTAIM), 3D Hirshfeld Surfaces (3D HS), RDS, CLP,
- molecular docking (MD),
- molecular dynamics simulations (MDS).
In parallel, I am developing multidisciplinary research in the field of biophysics / meteorology / climatology / astronomy / environmental protection / computer science / mathematics. I analyze and predict UV index maps on a global scale using time series and artificial intelligence methods (artificial neural networks).