Postdoc position: theoretical and numerical studies on reconfigurable topological properties and frustrated ground states in magnonics
The position is financed by the National Science Center of Poland as a part of the OPUS-20 call for the research project: “New platform for study wave phenomenon – reconfigurable topological properties and frustrated ground states in magnonics”, no 2020/37/B/ST3/03936, coordinated by prof. Maciej Krawczyk.
The position is addressed to a researcher possessing PhD degree not longer than 7 years and interested in theoretical studies, and numerical simulations in the area of spin-wave dynamics in ferromagnetic nanostructures.
The competition is open to individuals who meet the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574, i.e. Article 113 as amended) and who meet the following requirements:
Formal requirements (in accordance with the NCN guidelines for the post-doc position):
- obtaining a doctoral degree in an entity other than the entity in which employment in this position is planned;
- employment for a period of not less than 6 months;
- during the period of receiving remuneration from the project, the candidate will not receive any other remuneration from the funds allocated under direct costs from research projects funded under NCN calls;
- during the period of receiving remuneration from the project, the candidate will not take remuneration at another employer under an employment contract, including an employer based outside Poland.
- doctoral degree in physics or related sciences, obtained no later than 7 years before the year of employment in the project,
- documented research experience in the field of physics of magnetism, spin wave dynamics, photonics, or elastic waves,
- proven publication achievements,
- knowledge of English at good level.
Required research, teaching or other experience
- research experience in computer simulations or analytical calculations, in particular in spin wave physics, photonics or in the area of elastic waves.
- very good publication record,
- ability to work in an international research team.
According to the NCN rule, the PhD degree has to be awarded by another institution than AMU.
Conducting micromagnetic simulations and / or using analytical models to describe the re-magnetization process and the dynamics of spin waves in artificial magnonic crystals of the antidote lattice (ADL) type based on thin films with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA), with heterogeneous magnetization. Development of simulation results, preparation of manuscripts, supervision of doctoral and graduate students.
Project type: NCN OPUS-20 – ST3.
Deadline for application submission: June 25, 2022, 23:59 (CET).
Submission form: email to email@example.com .
- Duration: 01.08.2022 to 14.01.2025;
- Form of employment: contract;
- Salary: 120 000PLN (brutto-brutto) per year;
- Starting date: 01.08.2022.
Candidates are asked to send an application consisting of:
- Application form/letter of the candidate;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Diplomas or certificates issued by colleges and universities attesting to education and degrees or titles held (in case of academic degrees obtained abroad – the documents must meet the equivalence criteria set out in Article 328 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574 i.e. as amended; Polish: Dziennik Ustaw 2022 poz. 574 z póżn. zmianami);
- Information on research, teaching and organizational achievements,
- Motivation letter,
- Reference letter from at least one experienced researcher.
- Consent to the processing of personal data as follows : “In accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (OJ EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) I consent to the processing of personal data other than: first name, (first names) and surname; parents’ first names; date of birth; place of residence (mailing address); education; previous employment history, included in my job offer for the purpose of the current recruitment.”
The application or questions should be sent to the project coordinator by an email to prof. Maciej Krawczyk [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] providing the reference number of the competition (NCN OPUS-20 nr 2020/37/B/ST3/03936)