Postdoc position in theoretical condensed matter physics
We seek an outstanding candidates for a postdoc position in theoretical condensed matter physics in the Department of Mesocsopic Physics, at the Faculty of Physics of AdamMickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland. The appointment involves research under the supervision of Prof. UAM dr hab. Anna Dyrdał, and in direct collaboration with theoretical research partner QuSpin-NTNU, Norway (Dr. Alireza Qaiumzadech). Postdocs will also get a mentoring fromexperts: Prof. dr hab. Józef Barnaś (AMU) and Prof. Arne Brataas (NTNU), and access to few-month research stays at NTNU and/or other research groups.
The position is covered within GRIEG project 2Dtronics which is a part of the Basic Research Programme funded by the Norwegian Financial Mechanismand operated by the National Science Centre in Poland.
- FORM OF EMPLOYMENT: full time contract
- REMUNERATION: 7703,60 PLN brutto (ca. 1695 EUR) per month From the remuneration a contribution to the social insurance (ZUS) should be deducted.
- TIMELINE: 1,5 year
SCOPE OF THE WORK:
The theoretical description of spin and transport phenomena in novel 2D materials, especially in magnonic materials (i.e., magnonic van-der-Waals heterostructures). This researcher will be involved in the formulation of an
adequate theoretical description and numerical calculations.
- PhD degree in the theory of solid-state physics obtained within 7 years of joining the project (preferably in the issues related to spintronics, electron transport in nanosystems, magnetism, micromagnetic symulations, van-der-Waals heterostructures)
- a solid background in theoretical physics (quantum transport, quantum field theory, many-body theory, topological phases of matter, spin dynamics).
- good written and oral English skills
- the candidate should be creative, independent, well organized and have a strong ability to work problem oriented
PREFERRED SELECTION CRITERIA:
experience and well-documented achievements in spintronics, nanomagnetism, the theory of electron and spin
transport, and/or micromagnetic simulations
HOW TO APPLY:
The application mast include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Cover Letter
- Two Reference Letters (references should be sent directly to PI)
- Academic works (published or unpublished) that you would like to be considered in the assessment. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the admission procedure [download here]
The documents should be sent directly to the project PI (Anna Dyrdał) via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 16.07.2021 (we will contact only with selected candidates)
Questions about the project and positions can be directed to Anna Dyrdał: email@example.com
Information about 2Dtronics: https://2dtronics.amu.edu.pl/en/index.php
Information about ISQI: http://isik.amu.edu.pl